[thelist] news.com article on browsers and mainstream sites etc..

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Tue Jul 9 02:45:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 5:23 PM
Subject: [thelist] news.com article on browsers and mainstream sites etc..

> Interesting that these isssues are starting to come out of the closet
> a bit.
>
> http://urlizer.com/00/1079/
>
> Tom

Yesterday when I read this article I began to wonder; now, being pretty much
a newbie, a bit naive and adhering to my Union background I wonder if web
designers would have an easier time complying to w3c standards than to
particular whims of browser manufacturers. Too bad web designers couldn't
just unify and say, "we're doing everything in a compliant manner. How the
browsers deal with it is not our concern." If business and individual users
want to have full use of the web and your work then they better get
compliant browsers. If not, tough.  I'm not a professional web designer by
any stretch of the imagination, I just do this for fun and a bit of profit
now and then.  However, I do have enough experience to know what a royal
pain in the ass it is to try to accommodate and adhere to each browsers
quirks. It's insane and it is stifling the web and costing needles millions.
Imagine how much better your "working conditions" would be if you only had
to worry about being compliant. No more, no less. There has to be a known
paradigm within which to work in order to work efficiently. Right now there
is no paradigm.

Just my rant,
Daniel