[thelist] Re: new Flash/XML 'app' I'm wondering about

Nathan Wright ominous at rmh-d.com
Tue Jul 9 12:08:01 CDT 2002

>There's a few weird little bugs I know about, but can live
with. One of
>them that is curious is the FW pop-up menus being obscured
beneath the
>Flash file on the page. Weird, huh? I put the Flash file in a div
with a
>z-index: 1, and changed 'fw_menu.js' so the menus have z-
index:999, but
>that didn't do it. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the browser. All plugins
(Flash, QT, etc.) seem to render on top of any HTML,
regardless of the z-index. I suspect that these plugins, much
like form elements, are being processed by the OS and not the
browswer, and so have a greater "importance" (at least
according to the computer).

You'll just have to build around this one ... either drop the fly-
out menus or build them into the same flash file as the map.

Nathan