[thelist] Re: PHP and problem validating XHTML strict page

Nathan Wright ominous at rmh-d.com
Tue Jul 9 12:08:13 CDT 2002

>It's not clear to me why you can't do this, but only because
I'm not
>familiar with what you are trying to do and how you are doing
it.  If I
>saw your PHP I might be able to help (or not).
>
>Anyway, the <div> does not have to wrap around *each*
<input /> just
>after the <form> and before the </form>

TjL,

Thanks for the clarification. As far as the PHP code that's
causing the XHTML validation bug, I'd send it to you, but
unfortunately there's nothing really to send. The page is
basically a stright HTML page with a few PHP includes. The
form that's causing the whole problem is a straight HTML form
with no PHP in it at all(and is practically the most basic form
you could hope to create as it was just a test case to check
my code with the HTML validator). As far as I can tell, any
time I create a PHP page (anything that uses the .php
extension) and put a form on that page, the PHP engine is
adding this extra hidden element and that is what the validator
is choking on.

Nathan