[thelist] trouble with a table

Brian Johnson brian at bnia.com
Tue Jul 9 12:39:01 CDT 2002

I asked about this a few weeks ago but got no responses.  Any help on
understanding why IE does what it does and how to correct it would be
much appreciated...

Please view the following page in Mozilla 1.0 and in IE 6.0:

http://www.bnia.com/forum/

I get the result I want in Mozilla.  But IE pushes the table to a point
below the left floating nav bar.  I can change the table width from
    table { width: 100%; }
   table { width: 99%; }
and IE will push the divs up where they belong, but a gap remains
between the edge of the table in Mozilla.

I have no idea what this looks like in other browsers. (And I'm not too
concerned about it at this point.)

Any suggestions?  Why?

-Brian