[thelist] "RewriteEngine on" problem

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Tue Jul 9 15:16:03 CDT 2002

Hi all

I have a minor problem. When RewriteEngine is turned off in my .htaccess
file and when I request the URL tharapita.com/lauri, everything is fine
(the request without a slash in the end works as well, as with the
slash).

Now, when I write "RewriteEngine on" in my .htaccess file, the request
tharapita.com/lauri will start throwing 301 errors (301 Moved
permanently) at me.

Is there a workaround, so that my server wouldn't require the trailing
slash for directories, even with RewriteEngine turned on?

Thanks,
Lauri
--
Tharapita Creations