[thelist] Can it be done? A White Paper or Kit on why standards based coding is the right way...

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 16:43:01 CDT 2002

Hello,

Alright, consider the ball booted and rolling downhill. Now its up to
the web community at large to make this really happen.

I've set up a Yahoo! group at:

Where we can begin discussing if we can actually get a White Paper or
a Kit or something together that the average Joe can take to his boss
and say - hey - here is REAL data on why we should be doing this.
Laws, graphs, etc etc.

Folks, this would be a huge undertaking. I don't know if it can be
done. Like I say in the intro, its going to take the cooperation of
some big folks in the industry. So if you know one...grab their ear,
let them know what we want to do.

There are some great people on this list who know a lot more about
this stuff than I do. I hoping some of you will take the lead and
help get this thing rolling.

This could truly be a collaborative effort. I think the goal is to
come up with a living document, on the web of course, with some great
data that is NOT copyrighted so ANYONE can use it.

If we could get press with it, so much the better. But I think WaSP
has tossed a little gauntlet our way, and this might be one way we
can respond, by giving ourselves a weapon to use in the fight for
standards compliant code, when nobody that we work for wants to
listen.

I'll be interested to see where this goes..

Let me know if there is anything I can do to change the group for the
better, and if you want to be added as a moderator that would be
fine, we could probably use a few. The list is unmoderated at this
time, but some more admins might be nice...

Cheers

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();