[thelist] Here's One: Background Music

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Wed Jul 10 16:17:00 CDT 2002

I'd rip it to mp3, then embed the mp3 in a small flash file, and stick that
up into the corner of the page somewhere reasonably out of the way. If you
don't know flash, there are tons of helpful people on the friendsofed.com
message boards, and if you ask nicely, one of them may help you out...

Of course, since it's in a flash file, you can also build in an OFF SWITCH
(or perhaps make 'off' the default, and build in an 'on' switch :) and a
volume control...

You mentioned you want fully cross-browser, plugin-free pages. I don't think
you'll achieve that (sorry), but flash is pretty universal at this point.
It's on something like +90% of all computers (AFAIK). Should be good
enough...

HTH!

--ken