[thelist] Here's One: Background Music

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Wed Jul 10 16:18:01 CDT 2002

Do you need a plug-in to play a wav?

<bgsound src="http://www.sitename/sounds/chord.wav" loop="-1"> ...loops
that sound indefinitely within a page.

Here's a live example: http://palmisanonet.com/images/misc/soundtest.asp

.sal

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Gina K. Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 2:17 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Here's One: Background Music

Fellow evolters,

Okay, I have a head-scratcher here concerning background music. It's
been
*years* since I've put bg music on a page, but this site calls for it
and I need some help.

It's a Christian music site, and the client wants to load a different bg
music monthly--no biggie (going to use an ASP solution, loading new
image or text monthly too)---but how on earth do I get it from a CD to a
background music file? I know how to rip a cd song to like an mp3 or
wav, windows media, etc--but in order to have these files as bg music on
a site, you'd need the plug in, correct? You need a .midi for no
plug-ins cross browser, right?? But isn't .midi file a synthesized music
file? Or can I use mp3's somehow now?

Obviously, I'm lost on this one--if you were doing this, how would you
handle it? I really don't want to resort to plug-ins, I'd rather the
music 'just play' no matter what. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gina
(The Lost One)