[thelist] This site will make you cry (to the tune of £1 ,000,000)

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Wed Jul 10 18:51:01 CDT 2002

At 00:17 11/07/2002 +0100, Simon Willison wrote:
>http://www.connected-earth.com/

I've blogged it, and I suggest anyone with a blog does the same.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~cs1spw/blog/archive/2002/07/11/#aMillionPoundsDownTheDrain

How about some grass roots action? In fact, could it be time for a new
google bomb? I'm thinking along the lines of
can think of something more
appropriate.

The web is full of bad sites, but this one has been approved by the UK
government (although I don't think they paid for it, the press releases on
the site suggest it was mostly funded by BT). I don't know about you, but I
find there's very little more frustrating than busting your guts learning
the ins and out of accessiibility and standards compliance only to have a
load of hot shot  hundred-thousand pound design agencies produce bilge like
this.

<having trouble stoping ranting long enough to hit the sack>

Simon