[thelist] RE: [thelist] Re: [thelist] This site will make you cry (to the tune of £1 ,000,000)

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Wed Jul 10 19:00:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Shashank Tripathi wrote:

> Just a thought. My point is: indifference to that ludicrous website is
> perhaps the best punishment they deserve. Ignore it instead of blogging
> it all over.

Except for one thing...

Accountability.  If I was a British ratepayer, I'd be rightfully livid to
know that the money I spend is going into tripe like that.

Then there is the matter of Government involvement.

And so on, and so on.

Sometimes you wind up on a project that's a loss from the beginning, and
you're left with no choice but to do the production and let the client
waste their money.  (Sorry, but that's the way it's done.)

But when it's public or public-works monopoly money that's paying for the
work...?  Shouldn't that be held to a higher standard?

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."