[thelist] 8k Row limits must Go!

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Thu Jul 11 15:42:01 CDT 2002

Here's a link describing my problem that parallels about 90%.
http://dbforums.com/archive/68/2001/07/3/100261

Here are some highlights that interested me:

Per Lundkvist: ".Hi When I want to store large texts in my database SQL 7.0
... I use this for web applications... Now I need to store a large amount of
text for articles and that kind of stuff, what can I use instead? When I use
the data type text it can't be read the same way from ASP as nvarchar..."

Tony Rogerson: "Have you tried ntext?"

Per Lundkvist: "Ok it worked!!!..."

Per Lundkvist: "I found out that I set the amount of text to get from a
SELECT-query by: 'SET TEXTSIZE 64512' for example... (article does not show
example) That is fine but that was not the whole solution though..."

Rob Smith: "How, or better yet, where do you 'SET TEXTSIZE 64512' in ASP? I
understand, kind of, that it must be before the actual select command.
However, the SET as a stand alone command requires an '=' sign between the
TEXTSIZE and 64512. If you don't it causes and error. If you do it causes
another error (Object required: '[number: 64512]') BTW, the ntext data type
didn't work for me."

Going bald by pulling my hair,

Rob

>my 21k words still doesn't show up...

You might look into this: (Stolen from the MS SQL On-Line Books)
Also - make sure all your data is going in.

SET TEXTSIZE 64512