[thelist] DOCTYPE bug

David Lloyd Parker david at image2image.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 01:45:01 CDT 2002

I too have fallen foul of the NS/Mozilla doctype problem. I followed the advice
on www.alistapart.com (article - doctypes that work) and used the following doctype in my page:
This didn't solve my problem on a recent site, which was an image in a TD that was
seemingly not obeying <tr (or td) valign="top">.
I then tried the suggestions on the NS developer site which has a whole raft of
rather confusing explanations about the issue, but these wouldn't allow w3c validation.
I'm now left with an xhtml page with no doctype as being the only solution to
displaying 'properly' in NS/Moz. Or is it?

david at image2image.co.uk

07:28:57