[thelist] Re: validating radio buttons

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Fri Jul 12 07:12:01 CDT 2002

Don't think so, guys.

> --- Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov wrote:
> I propose that this would be the correct way to handle the situation:
>
> <input type="radio" name="bob" value="neither" checked="checked" />
> <input type="radio" name="bob" value="alice" />
> <input type="radio" name="bob" value="carol" />
>
> EXACTLY.
>
> Tom

What you want does exist; it's just not a radio button (input type). You
are looking for a select (option) grouping with at most one selection
(that is, don't add multiple to the properties), not radio buttons. The
whole idea of the radio buttons set is that (as with your actual old
radio, which physically had to have at least one button depressed!) one
option HAS to be chosen. With select (option), you let the user choose
among options, among which you may or may not have one pre-selected.

Cheers --
Carol
techwatcher at accesswriters.com