is Zend Personal Studio worth the effort? (was RE: [thelist] PHP Developers Meeting)

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Jul 12 09:43:03 CDT 2002

> Also, Zend Studio Personal Edition 2.0.1 for PHP is now
> freeware at
> http://www.zend.com/store/products/zendstudio-personal.php

The registration form *requires* a phone number. Why do they need my *phone
number*? They gonna call me?

Well, I took a chance and put in the main number at work, and the form puked
'cause I didn't choose a country. It says 'required fields are underlined' -
and it wasn't. (Should someone tell them what underlines signify in a web
environment?)

And finally, when I chose a country, the form response page said, in it's
entirety "-1" and gave me a link to their store.

It sounded like an interesting tool. Is it worth going back and trying
again?

joel