[thelist] PHP Developers Meeting

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Fri Jul 12 11:04:02 CDT 2002

On July 12, 2002 at 10:30, Jay Blanchard wrote:

> Good point Mark, and though I thought there would be one I couldn't
> find one in Austin either. (But I am also not looking for an hour's
> drive to go to a UG meeting.) Houston has one  :^[
>
> Jay
Yep, you need to be in a large city - just didn't want anyone to have to
reinvent the wheel. I think you have a good idea there, specifically for
smaller metropolitan areas ;-)

> 'prolly a tip owed on this exchange huh?'

Umm, we aren't really off topic here tho' I think, so this isn't really a tip in the
classic sense but here goes...

For those still interested in PHP case studies, phrax (site admin for
http://vancouver.php.net) has started a list beginning with "Why PHP?" and
"PHP versus Java" at: http://vancouver.php.net/casestudies/

In the works:

PHP in the Enterprise
PHP for business uses
Solving common web development problems using PHP
Cost of development / maintenance of PHP compared to other scripting
languages and technologies
What kind of problems companies have solved with PHP

Cheers,

         Mark