[thelist] Search engines indexing dynamic pages

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Jul 12 18:16:01 CDT 2002

that is one of the things that will/can prevent your site from being
indexed. google supports querystrings except i've heard they do not give
that page a pagerank even though it is indexed. this would put your page
at the bottom of any query.

and as far as other things go, try www.searchenginewatch.com for more
information on what not to do. one thing i know is bad is putting a
bunch of hiddent text that the users do not see. for example porn sites
put a bunch of different keywords so that they are included in a wider
variety searches.

so don't do that.

but as far as the querystring thing goes, depending on what platform you
are on it can be easily fixed.

chris.