[thelist] PHP Article Management System

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Fri Jul 12 20:04:01 CDT 2002

Hello All :

I am currently in the process of designing a site for a client and have
run into a situation. I have to design a "article submission and rating"
system. Basically, these articles are going to be reviews that the end
users will post, which will then be rated by the sites visitors. At
first, I was excited to write a system from scratch, but then decided
against it -- why re-invent the wheel? Does anyone know of any system
like this that's available? Language is not a concern, although PHP
would be great, since I'm familiar with it.

Here is some other information :

- Articles will have some pictures associated with them
- Articles must written in a user friendly-interface (basically, as
little HTML coding as possible). I looked at typo3 for this one, but the
install on my new Linux test box is getting a little hairy.
- End user administration (basically, the client will be able to assign
authors, check for submissions, etc)
- Articles can be rated by the end-user (say 1 - 5, or whatever)

This is it in a nutshell. I will have to code the ranking part (most
popular, etc.), but if it system came with this, that would be even
great! At first this looked like a great candidate for a
blog-customization job, but I don't know a blog that has the article
rating feature.

Any pointers?
Thanks again,
--Burhan