[thelist] copyright or wrong?

snowdux at adelphia.net snowdux at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 14 10:19:02 CDT 2002

Hey all,

I run a website www.stimilon.org as a little NFP blog for my friends.
Stimilon is No Limits spelled backwards (in case you were
wondering how I got the name. It came to me as an original idea,
but alas, a company stimilon international claims that I am
infringing their copyright and that I must change the name of my
site immediately. What should I do? I am 17, and I live in the US
(also the same country as stimilon international is based) For now
my first inkling is to call stimilon.com's bluff and just do nothing . I
doubt that they'd have the time or legal counsel necessary to sue
me. Am I guesing right, or is it incredibly easy?
Thanks for any suggestions,

Bill

PS. Anyways for the group's knowledge I include the email that
stimilon.com sent me:

bill-

hate to be a bummer but please change your company/web site
name
immediately

stimilon is a trademarked name and it is protected by law

thank you for your cooperation

davo

Stimilon International, Inc.
http://www.stimilon.com