[thelist] copyright or wrong?

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Sun Jul 14 10:49:01 CDT 2002

Hate to hear this.  First....IANAL.  :)

I would simply write him back  and explain what your site is
about.  Explain to him
how you came up with the name.  A quick look at the two shows nothing in
common.
You might offer to give them a link pointing to the .com site, but I would
not change
my name unless forced.

By all means, don't agree to anything right now.

Also, if they are worried about trademark, why haven't they registered
stimilon.net?  :)

Your best bet is to do as you did.  Ask the list.  Someone here with much
greater
knowledge will be able to advise you better.  You might also try searching the
theList archives.  I know this has come up MANY times in the past.

Good luck and be sure to keep us informed.

Chris