[thelist] Javascript problem - trying to "wait"

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Mon Jul 15 13:26:42 CDT 2002

> So did I miss the point or did you not notice that... :)

I missed that part... that's what I get for eating lunch and reading thelist
at the same time. Cheeseburgers always take precedence. :)

My suggestion, then, is this:

Take the contents of viewerTest(), and put it into init() instead of making
it a separate function. Then take that and wrap it in a loop.

Might look a little something like this:

while(!parent.frames["graphicView"].document.getElementById("va_3d_vml_viewe
r"))
   {
      //do nothing... just wait for
      //while loop to return true
   }

This would have the effect of pausing init() until the VML thingy is loaded.

Right?

I have the feeling I could be overlooking something obvious. And this time,
I don't have cheeseburgers to blame... :)

Lemme know if this is helpful!
--ken