[thelist] Tables and things

Lenore Snell lenore at sonic.net
Mon Jul 15 13:55:21 CDT 2002

Joel's right - it doesn't impose a 1% limit. It does just make it as narrow as
possible, which may still be larger than you want for space.

Ideally you should be mixing percentages and pixels within the same table.
People do it, and it causes browser problems. Sometimes I think it's from
working with the editors, making changes and then not checking the code to
make sure it's still formatted correctly.

I would either do the table all percentage-based unless you had a reason to
use pixel-based. In that case, I would put a percentage-based table within a
pixel-based one to control the text wrap. It's elegant, simple, and proper
code that will work on all browsers.

Lenore