[thelist] Javascript problem - trying to "wait"

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 15:10:23 CDT 2002

--- Ken Kogler <ken.kogler at cph.org> wrote:
> > So did I miss the point or did you not notice that... :)
>
> I missed that part... that's what I get for eating lunch and
> reading thelist
> at the same time. Cheeseburgers always take precedence. :)
>
> My suggestion, then, is this:
>
> Take the contents of viewerTest(), and put it into init() instead
> of making
> it a separate function. Then take that and wrap it in a loop.
>
> Might look a little something like this:

while(!parent.frames["graphicView"].document.getElementById("va_3d_vml_viewe
> r"))
>    {
>       //do nothing... just wait for
>       //while loop to return true
>    }
>
> This would have the effect of pausing init() until the VML thingy
> is loaded.
>
> Right?
>
> I have the feeling I could be overlooking something obvious. And
> this time,
> I don't have cheeseburgers to blame... :)
>
> Lemme know if this is helpful!
> --ken

What you missed is that doing it that way removes the need for
viewerTest()... since the while is just waiting for !(viewer true).
Maybe that will work though..I'll try it

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();
http://www.pixelmech.com/