[thelist] site check: lobowalk.com

Carol Stein techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Mon Jul 15 16:10:12 CDT 2002

In K-Meleon (Win NT, 64k colors & 800x600 res) the site looks simply smashing -- terrific layout, & warm colors that suit your passionate approach to news. Using the bold underlined black for links looks much better than that old blue (default). I was curious to see what you'd decided on for visited links (I like the hover effect; it's just a little brighter than the background), but apparently you didn't change them. (How about just losing the underline?)

Your editing skills could use a bit of brushing up, perhaps, but the sense comes through well enough. Btw, despite your being no scientist, I recommend Thomas Kuhn's _The Structure of Scientific Revolution_. I think you'll enjoy it -- find it a revelation about how science (the human inquiry) actually works, and give you more/better ammunition for your columns.

Cheers --
Carol