[thelist] testing for empty in javascript or vbscript

Jeremy Weiss jweiss at cei.net
Mon Jul 15 16:23:06 CDT 2002

I've got 16 boxes in a form.  I'm needing a way to figure out which ones
have a value in them.  For each one that has a value I need to add 1 to a
counter which will be used to calculate a cost.  (i.e. if 6 boxes are filled
in, then it'll be 6*whatever).  The only way I know to do this is by writing
16 If...Then statements (one for each box) testing to see if it's empty or
not.  What I'm wondering is if there's a better way; and if so, what is it.

In Christ,
Jeremy Weiss