[thelist] help with windows batch or windows script file

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Mon Jul 15 18:51:16 CDT 2002

Tom,

If you do a search with the keywords

windows shutdown free program download

at www.google.com, you'll be able to find a variety of programs to try out for
the first two requirements (actually, the second one would include the first
one, as shutting down the computer would shut down all running programs also).
 For the third requirement though, you'll need to work on your wife, not your
computer.  8-)

If you've tried everything else and nothing works like you want it to, just
give me an e-mail off-list.  Shutting Windows down is only one line of code.
[g]

Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu