[thelist] testing for empty in javascript or vbscript

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Mon Jul 15 21:14:01 CDT 2002

Message from Tom Dell'Aringa (7/15/2002 05:56 PM)
>Actually, no.
>
>the eval() function is WAY WAY overused by programmers. Danny Goodman
>says if you are using eval(), you need to find a better way of doing
>things. Some people say if you are using eval, you are just being
>lazy (that might be a bit harsh ;))

Right. Agreed then. I figured that's what Shanx was suggesting, but wasn't
sure whether it was true or not. Good now that little misconception is
cleared up.

Am not a Javascript programmer by any stretch of the imagination. Just know
how to do certain things that get my job done.

This is a good example of why I like thelist. People actually know what
they're talking about here down to the finest details. You don't just get
"yes/no" type answers.

By the way, Jeremy... did you get your *original* problem solved in between
all this rambling? :-)

regards.
-marc