eval stuff (was Re: [thelist] testing for empty in javascript or vbscript)

Shashank Tripathi sub at shanx.com
Mon Jul 15 22:55:01 CDT 2002

hi jeff,

    > document.calcForm.elements['res' + x + y].value

now you tell me! that does sound much simpler..
may be i should have read the bible afterall! :)

    > i could understand the use of
    > an eval() method in this situation, but if you're
    > using most any decent
    > server-side language you could have just
    > as easily written your own function

why though..wouldn't an api function be faster than a custom function which
would need to open a file and read the messages in, and then combine one of
the lines with a variable? in most decent languages, a file include is
perhaps much faster than a file open/read..or perhaps i missed your idea?
time for a server-side lesson as well i guess.

thanks for the js tip..
shanx