[thelist] XHTML newbie questions

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Jul 16 08:29:01 CDT 2002

I converted some HTML files to XHTML via HTML Tidy (via HTML-Kit).  I had a
few warnings which were fixed and a few I am not interested in (I don't need

The formatting which was done is lovely, but I lost a few things along the
way--HTML Tidy took out my <center> tag and I lost a loss of my CSS page
text formatting.  If I remove these lines:

then the formatting comes back.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

The file without those two lines (and with the <center> I put back) is here:
http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/pages/DesignTest/AddCreditors.htm

and the HTML Tidied page is here:
http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/pages/DesignTest/AddCreditorsX.htm

Thanks,