[thelist] SQL Server 2000 or mySQL?

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Tue Jul 16 09:03:01 CDT 2002

I'm not the most sophisticated user, but I've worked on websites that use
SQL Server and websites that use MySQL. From my perspective, both seem to
work just fine. That being the case, I'm not sure why you'd' want to spend
the money on SQL Server, especially given Microsoft's licensing contracts.

(In fact, I'm not sure why you'd want your box to run Win2K instead of
Linux/Apache, but that's another discussion.)

Dan