[thelist] SQL Server 2000 or mySQL?

Michael K. Ahn mike at ahnfire.com
Tue Jul 16 09:18:36 CDT 2002

I think the choice comes down to corporate policies and preference.
Many companies want someone to be responsible for the support of an
application, so it's worth it to pay a few thousand dollars and have a
company like Microsoft available to back an application.

Of course, for a personal website, or clients with a cash crunch,
nothing beats free.

Finally, it depends on your application and your preferred method of
programming.  If you want/need certain capabilities through ADO, etc...
that may swing your decision one way or another.

Michael