[thelist] SQL Server 2000 or mySQL?

Michael Kimsal michael at tapinternet.com
Tue Jul 16 10:05:00 CDT 2002

Michael K. Ahn wrote:
> That may be true, but it would be an uphill battle to convince our CTO
> that "Joe", who can ssh through the corporate firewall and directly fix
> your server for pennies, is a more attractive choice than the Bill Gates
> juggernaut.  Well... not to mention Larry Ellison's baby.

It's not 'pennies', and it is personal direct service
from the engineers who actually developed the code for
MySQL, but I guess level-1 support at 10 times the price
from someone who's used Access for 6 months (agent #548291,
aka "Joe") is good enough for most companies, especially
when the answer is 'reboot'.  :)