[thelist] SQL Server 2000 or mySQL?

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Tue Jul 16 10:57:01 CDT 2002

At 09:32 16/07/2002 -0600, :: kevination :: wrote:
>Finally, most of the admin tools available for mySQL suck rocks when
>compared with what comes with commercial RDBMS'. I'd kill for a mySQL
>toolset as good as the one that comes with MSSQL2K. For general admin
>of mySQL I use Mascon and curse it every chance I get. PHPmyAdmin is
>usable as well but not great.

Have you tried MySQL-Front? It's a Windows GUI client for MySQL - basically
it has all the functionality of phpMyAdmin (and more besides) but without
the clumsy web interface. I use it for pretty much all my MySQL work now.

http://www.mysqlfront.de/

Regards,

Simon Willison
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~cs1spw/blog/