[thelist] need some CRAZY css

{ schaapy } list01 at theparagon.org
Tue Jul 16 13:52:01 CDT 2002

This is going to sound weird but try to follow along.

If you go to http://www.hollandsentinel.com/local/ you'll see an ad area on
the right for Holland Community Hospital (blue and green colors).

----- What I need to happen -----
I need the link in this area to have a different background.

----- The confusing problem ------

My problem is that the text is an included that the client can update
whenever he likes. The text is  fine but the link has a white background. I
want it the same green as the rest of the box.

Obviously I could just put class in the link and set the background but that
doesn't work because the client is setting the links and I can't have him
adding classes.  All he does is type in what the links name and URL. He
doesn't see any code.

The link has a white background because it's the default css link call.

I tried putting DIV tags around called .spaz and then writing -

div>*.spaz a {

    color: #fff;
    font: bold 10px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Sans-Serif;
    background-color: #099;
    text-decoration: none;
}

but that doesn't work. I think it's because there's a table in between the
div tags.

Is this just not possible without putting a class in the link?

The CSS http://www.hollandsentinel.com/css/sub_style.css

Aaron Schaap
www.theparagon.org