[thelist] Re: news.com article on browsers and mainstream sites etc..

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Tue Jul 16 17:23:00 CDT 2002

Tim, et al,

> > I'm sure it depends on the mail client.
> >
> > Works for Mozilla's mail client though
>
> works in PINE, too (4.33).  Think it works in RMAIL, too (Emacs
> mailreader).

    I have found that Outlook and Outlook Express can successfully wrap long
URLs if what puts them over the edge is a querystring, as in Tim's example.
However, if the length is due to a long directory structure, they won't wrap
successfully, even with the less-than/greater-than characters appended to
them. Here's a test that should fail in Outlook and in Outlook Express, and
perhaps other readers, as well:

http://www.fakecompany.com/fakestuff/morefakestuff/stillmorefakestuff/moremo
remorefakestuff/default.html
<http://www.fakecompany.com/fakestuff/morefakestuff/stillmorefakestuff/morem