[thelist] Who is zamba at zamba.com

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 16 23:52:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Jon Hall" <jonhall at ozline.net>
>
> Every time I send an email to the list I get a message saying
> zamba at zamba.com is an unknown user. This has been going on for
> months...is this just a case of the zamba.com mail server ignoring
> reply to header and sending me the bounce instead of to the list
[...]
> Here is the message I get back with headers.
[...]
>  by host2.quickdns.net (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id g6GLtU708975 for
>  <evolt at zamba.com>; Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:55:30 -0400

this line tells me that the subbed addy is evolt at zamba.com... this is
the address of someone who has contributed to thelist before, so it's
not a spam harvester...

i've sent a test message to the address, but nothing back yet...

my guess is that it is ignoring the appropriate header and sending it
back to the original sender...

i've set this address to nomail for now...

can anyone else confirm this has happened to them?  if so, mail me
offlist, please...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself