[thelist] any favicon artists out there?

s t e f notabene at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 17 02:27:01 CDT 2002

<who="Tim Luoma" when="23:12 16/07/02 -0400">

>Well I tried my feeble hand at making a favicon (having realized, using
>Moz, that I was the last one without it).
>
>Unfortunately my attempt has the qualities of a vaccum...  you can see
>it at http://www.tntluoma.com/favicon.jpg (there's an .ico there too at
>http://www.tntluoma.com/favicon.ico but most browsers don't show that
>natively)
>
>The domain name is "tntluoma.com" so I was thinking a "TnT" would be
>appropriate.
>
>If anyone has a hand for this sort of thing and would be willing to bang
>something out, I'd appreciate it and would be willing to return the
>favor in something I'm good at... err.. if I ever figure out what that
>is ;-)

Mmmmh.

Something I do usually is design the thing in a bigger size, say 32*32.

Then I resize it in Photoshop to 16*16 using bicubic resize and convert it
to a .ico. It's smoother and you have more liberties.

See here for example : http://www.nota-bene.org/favicon.ico

HTH

s t e f

q u o t e o f t h e d a y :

Heavy, adj.:
Seduced by the chocolate side of the force.