[thelist] Anyone else playing with Amazon web services?

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Wed Jul 17 08:48:00 CDT 2002

Amazon launched an extensive web services interface to their site today,
and it's a whole load of fun. It allows you to query their product database
by author, title, ISBN or other criteria and lets you explore their "whats
related" stuff as well.

I've been playing around with a PHP wrapper for the service, which is
freely available to anyone who wants it:  http://scripts.incutio.com/amazon/

Mark Pilgrim has released an Python wrapper as well:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2002/07/16.html#search_amazon_from_python

I'm sure we'll be sick of it when every site on the web has it's own Amazon
store, but for the moment it's great fun playing around and seeing what's
possible.

Regards,

Simon Willison
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~cs1spw/blog/