[thelist] using #include

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Wed Jul 17 12:31:01 CDT 2002

Jeremy-

An include will incur a performance hit of 1 extra read off the hard drive,
which in general is not much at all.  Consider that every include you use
will be one more read, so if you have 1 page with 5 includes in it, that's 6
reads.  Unless that particular page is cached in memory it will have to come
off the hard drive, but again it's not that big of a performance
degredation.  Besides your development time will decrease because you have a
centralized location of code, rather than copies of redunant code all over
the place.

Good idea!

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu