[thelist] using #include

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 14:22:01 CDT 2002

And simply on a programming side note - you should never have
duplicate code all over various pages. If you are fairly new to
programming, or new to bigger projects, think code reuse. Includes
are your friends! Think components and templates. Build things block
by block.

Then when you need to change the header on 145 documents, you make
ONE change.

HTH

Tom
--- Mike Carlson <domitianx at domitianx.com> wrote:
> You will probably actually save performance by using the includes.
> Once the
> server grabs it, it will use the cached version until it is
> changed. Once you
> modify the file the server will pull it from the disk again.
>
> I use includes extensively and I have never really noticed any
> performance
> issues. Some of my pages have 6 or 7 include files in them
> depending on what
> I am trying to accomplish on the page.
>
> Mike

=====