[thelist] SQL Server 2000 or mySQL?

Mike Carlson domitianx at domitianx.com
Wed Jul 17 14:25:07 CDT 2002

Here is a howto on the PHP site to connect to MS SQL from Unix/PHP

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/alberto20000919.php3

You may run into issues with code compatibility between MySQL and MS SQL. I
prefer MS SQL because it is a true RDBMS, but MySQL works fine too for most
applications.

Here is an article on code portability between the most common DBs.

http://php.weblogs.com/portable_sql

Mike