[thelist] Do we still need to say Download Acrobat Reader?

Magnus Østergaard magnus at slackware.adsl.dk
Wed Jul 17 14:34:01 CDT 2002

Boris Mann wrote:

> Graham Bird wrote:
>
> > How do people feel about the "Download Acrobat Reader from the Adobe
> > website for free" convention?
>

> And since you brought up .DOC files....wouldn't it be nice to link to a
> free ".DOC viewer" application for those that don't have Word installed?

Now why would you need to publish word documents on the Web?

If you really want controle over the way a document looks then I'd say
PDF would be a better choise. There are PDF viewers on all major
platforms - How many does the 'free' .doc viewer support? My guess is 2.

We try to make our web sites browser neutral (well I do), so the same
rules should be applyed when publishing documents on the web.

--
Magnus Østergaard