[thelist] SSH to MySQL from Windows

NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 18:03:07 CDT 2002

Since phpMyAdmin is free, why don't you ask them to install it? I did exactly
that with a customer. They wanted me to use PostreSQL because it came with
their version of Redhat Linux, but I asked them to add MySQL and phpMyAdmin,
which they did.
Nan

In a message dated 7/17/2002 6:57:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov writes:

> > Any suggestions for a decent SSH tool for Windows? Any idea if it's
> standard
> > to provide or not provide PhpMyAdmin on a Linux box running MySQL?
>
> My favorite Windows SSH tool is PuTTY:
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
>
> It's small, it's fast, it's free, and it does an absolutely _smashing_ job
> of terminal emulation; it's almost as nice as having an xterm for windows.

Nan Harbison Smith
481 Elm Street
Concord, MA 01742
978-369-1224
978-369-1681

Deja Moo -- the feeling that you've heard this bull before