[thelist] Business name

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 17 18:24:00 CDT 2002

> From: "{ schaapy }" <list01 at theparagon.org>
>
> I'm having a REALLY hard time coming up with a business name for
> myself. I originally thought of "paperlessdevelopment.com" but then
> found there was a "paperlessbusiness.com" -- That just seemed to close
> to try.
[...]

why not your own name?

if you're going to be a one-man shop, then do it with your own
name... it's a brand you own, it's a brand people who know you will
recognize, it's a brand you can pimp whenever you introduce yourself,
it's a brand you'll have to maintain since you're less likely to let
your own name get a bad rep than some nebulous witty pun, some people
will read into any name you pick anyway and see stuff that isn't
there, etc...

i like my freelancers to know they are just one person and i like
them to not hide behind names... i want them to put their own name at
stake for every project...

or something like that...

--
Read the evolt.org case study