[thelist] Re: DOM help p l e a s e Continued...

Timothy Martens timfm at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 20:29:00 CDT 2002

Franks, Jason, Jeff

Thanks for the replies. Jason - your blur/focus method is interesting
and actually sort of works for me, but (as Jeff alluded) is causing some
other problems. Still tweaking though.

Jeff -- inre your reply @
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020715/118093.html

The onkeypress behaviour is attached to the <body> tag. It is intended
to function at a global level. By "interfering" I mean that the
onkeypress function does not trigger when a link has "focus." So, I have
4 links which trigger a another function and I want them to lose their
focus after they've been clicked. I've managed to achieve this working
with Jason's tip in IE6 (PC), but Mozilla isn't as friendly. It seems to
work, but only the SECOND time the link is clicked (i.e., click link 1,
then click link 2, then click link 1 again, and the focus -> blur works)
-- which doesn't fly.

Okay hope you can make some sense of my gibberish. Let me know if you
want to see the whole mess (I've been hesitant to show it cause it is
messy).

Much Thanks,

 t.

<!--timothy martens