[thelist] Re: another php question: object reference syntax

Benjamin kalos at carolina.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 20:46:01 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
-> is about the silliest thing I've ever seen. PLEASE tell me you can
do $bar.do_foo(); like the rest of the universe does...

Not sure which universe you are referring to.  I'm just starting to port
(and learn) OO code (albeit in Perl) and the references are the same.  I've
asked around to a few other developers and they share the feeling.  Granted
the following is a Perl reference but the period usually means to
concatenate the former with the latter, so in your example concatenate $bar
with do_foo()

-benjamin