[thelist] Re: any favicon artists out there?

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Wed Jul 17 23:21:01 CDT 2002

Tim Luoma wrote:
> Ironically I don't see it on the address bar of IE (which I thought it
did).

Only after you bookmark the site, and only if you use "shortcut icon"
as the link rel, rather than "icon", which Mozilla is quite happy with.

Mozilla retrieves it all the time (as long as it's link-relled); IE
does it only when you bookmark the site, and uses either the link-relled
version, or just looks for "/favicon.ico" (source of many 404s)

Paul.