[thelist] How does the tip harvester avoid collecting quoted tips twice?

Dean Mah dmah at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 18 07:40:01 CDT 2002

Back in the good old days, it was enough to ignore everything in the
message that followed a '>' in column one.  Then it began ignoring
everything that appeared after the '----- Original Message ----' line
that Outlook would insert.  But there are 'abuses' of the quoting
mechanism and new quoting mechanisms which result in the same tip
being inserted more than once.

The old version of the tip harvester can be seen at:

   http://evolt.org/evolt_source_code/index.html

Dean