[thelist] Arrgggh! Background Music Again

Chris axe at suburbia.com.au
Thu Jul 18 09:01:01 CDT 2002

Why not use Flash to do the compression for you.

A while back I developed some streaming flash components for a friend.
I found that Flash itself was quite good at exporting the streaming content
and keeping the filesize low if you tweaked the compression settings for the
stream in the export dialog.

I managed to include full length tracks while keeping the swf file to about
400-500k, and they don't sound that bad either.

If you want, take a look at one goto:
http://openminds.adohost.com/music.html
It takes a few seconds to start, buffering I assume.

Regards,
Chris