[thelist] Just a thought - UX lang

Mike Carlson domitianx at domitianx.com
Thu Jul 18 11:09:01 CDT 2002

You mean something like UBBCode? Where they enter a tag like
[link]http://www.server.com[/link] and it will automatically place a URL in
the page when it is displayed?

You could do this is any language really. I have built a psuedo UBBCode thing
for my site in ASP and most CMS have some sort of tag based system so that
the user doesn't need to know HTML when posting content.

If you want to get down and dirty at the system level like writing to the
file system or making data connections, then that is a whole other ball game.
While you could do something like that, I am not what the gains would be. I
would think it would take quite a while to put something like that together.

Mike