[thelist] Business name

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Jul 18 11:25:01 CDT 2002

At 06:08 PM 7/18/2002, McCoy, Alan wrote:
>The Experts Exchange web site originally picked "expertsexchange.com" as
>their domain name. However, when you look at it carefully, the company
>name represented in the domain could also be read as "Expert Sex
>Change". Fortunately, someone was awake during the design meetings

That reminds me of another hilarious domain name. Back in 1999, the company
I worked for wanted to order some software that was not available from any
Indian software vendor (Drumbeat, fwiw). Some comparison shopping on the
Net turned up a company called Soft4U.com that offered the cheapest price
as well as international shipping.

A couple of months later, I just visited the site on a lark. Turned out
that they had just launched an online hardware store, in addition to the
software store. Can you guess the name?

Yup, it was Hard4U.com :))

ROFLMAO. Didn't *anyone* in the company think about how that sounded? Guess
not.

(Both business don't seem to exist any more.)

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant